X-Class with a Camper - Mercedes X-Class Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

X-Class with a Camper

Thought I would share this because odds are there will be a good portion of buyers getting the X-Class that use it more for recreation and pure want of a truck rather than for other common truck needs.

Quote:
The other concept has less capability, but a much more stylish execution. It comes from VanEssa Mobilcamping, and it features a 551-pound slide-out kitchen system. It has a cooler, sink and storage for all variety of cookware. It fits completely within the truck bed and slides out past the tailgate for use. It also fits below the classy teak wood bed cover. Fortunately, the kitchen unit doesn't take up the entire bed, either, so there's still space for various camping items.
Even with how nice this is I would still prefer to rent a small RV.

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2018, 12:46 PM

Cottages are for glamping and those mobile campers are in no way comfortable no matter how nice of a pickup they're perched on. Perhaps the integrated X-Class kitchen will be of more use on camping trips and the teak wood looks much better than the average tonneau cover.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 12:01 PM

I've found a few pictures of the camper's interior and it looks like something out of the 80s with how much light wood paneling there is. Maybe if you personalize it with higher grade materials, it wouldn't look so cheap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 01:24 PM

Yeah I'm not really sure this camper encompasses the full luxury feeling that those expect out of a Mercedes. Can't say that I see many consumers dropping this on the back of their high end truck. Would make more sense to just tow a pop up trailer/RV.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Yeah I'm not really sure this camper encompasses the full luxury feeling that those expect out of a Mercedes. Can't say that I see many consumers dropping this on the back of their high end truck. Would make more sense to just tow a pop up trailer/RV.
Cost is a big part of that and odds are if they were to make something the greatly reflects what Mercedes is all about then it would cost way too much. Remember that this is a mid-size truck and thus what ever comes out for it has to reflect what people would actually buy.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-03-2020, 03:58 PM

Wow, this is a really cool car. Yes, it cannot be used as a standard city car, but for those people who travel a lot or do camping it will be a great solution. I really thought about getting it as a second car. My main car is a 2018-2019 Mercedes C class coupe and you can understand that it is very inconvenient to go camping with friends. The grill hardly fits in the trunk, I even had to buy a special protective cover in order not to get the trunk dirty. I put all my things in the back seat, so only one person could go with me. Well, I hope this will be a very lucky purchase that I will not regret in the future ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes X-Class Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page