X250 Power Towing review - Mercedes X-Class Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
XCO

X250 Power Towing review

Hi Guys

Just thought I would throw a review out there of using my X250 power to tow

Just done a trip from London to Belfast via stranraer and back total of 1077 miles.

for those of you who are sceptical over the torque/power of the 250, there is really no need for concern. there is more than enough tug to allow you to overtake a lorry up a hill and sit a decent cruising speed.

the 360 camera is great especially when towing, you can easily reverse up to the hitch on your own first time and when making tight manoeuvres. You are able to see the trailer hitch (handy when coming close to jackknifing) while keeping an eye on the front cam at the same time.

95% of the journey I used 2wd but it was very icy up Scotland way so hill starts were slipping, 4wd was very handy to switch in and out when needed.

MPG wise the trailer weighed approx 2600kg on the way out and 1000kg on the way back and Avg'd 23.8 MPG

one complaint I do have is the size of the fuel tank, I think it may only be 70L? this gives you roughly 350 miles when towing, It would of been great to have a 100L option available when purchasing.

Overall very impressed, has anyone else hand any experience of towing with these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0917 copy.jpg (257.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-01-21 at 13.44.26.jpeg (213.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by XCO; 01-24-2019 at 08:46 AM.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Really appreciate the feedback on the 250's towing capability. A lot of the main auto publications have criticized the power to weight ratio of this truck and I was worried what that would mean with a trailer setup. I believe that the fuel tank is 80 litres across the range.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Really appreciate the feedback on the 250's towing capability. A lot of the main auto publications have criticized the power to weight ratio of this truck and I was worried what that would mean with a trailer setup. I believe that the fuel tank is 80 litres across the range.
most of its young buyer demgraphic will use it for "active" lifestyles at best, Jimmy won't need much towing capacity to haul skiing or beach equipment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes X-Class Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page