$122k for a Maybach inspired X-Class - Mercedes X-Class Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

$122k for a Maybach inspired X-Class

Carelex design believes that the X-Class is well positioned to open up a brand new niche of premium pickups. As such they have released a couple of complete makeover kits for it, with this one starting at $122,634, which includes the cost of the vehicle. This yachting edition features a front grille and wheels which have been inspired by the Maybach S650 coupe, along with a carbon fiber body kit. The cabin is also much more posh, with Recaro seats, leather trim on the door panels, wood inserts in the dashboard, an Alcantara headliner and unique badging.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2018, 01:09 PM

I really like the changes that have been made here, but I personally don't think I'd drop this kind of money on a pickup, regardless of the luxury features. I think as we see hybrid systems become more commonplace for trucks, that then we'll see a growing interest in super premium options.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 01:39 PM

Mercedes might see success with this but it doesn't help that the X-Class is a lower segment product catered to the masses. The G-Wagon 6x6 worked because the G was always a highly desired SUV, it sits with the best of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2018, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

I think the U.S is probably the only region where a trim like this would really see any success. And Mercedes doesn't seem interested in offering the X-Class there. We might see this change in future generations once they get a better grasp of what exactly consumers are looking for.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
I think the U.S is probably the only region where a trim like this would really see any success. And Mercedes doesn't seem interested in offering the X-Class there. We might see this change in future generations once they get a better grasp of what exactly consumers are looking for.
Essentially it comes down to wealthy areas and just like how you might find these in Beverly Hills, you should expect it to show up in other parts of the world like that in China, the Middle East, some parts of Europe, etc. I mean, look where ultra luxe vehicle are thriving today, that tells the whole story.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 02:01 PM

I personally feel like it would make more sense if you live in NA, to go for something like the new Bentayga instead. I highly doubt that anyone with an interest in a Maybach X Class will be using it as an actual pickup.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
I personally feel like it would make more sense if you live in NA, to go for something like the new Bentayga instead. I highly doubt that anyone with an interest in a Maybach X Class will be using it as an actual pickup.
at this point its more a matter of being different than anything else, heck, its why Aston Martin can sell a sedan worth $1,000,000 and have no problem filling order blocks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes X-Class Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page