Can Brabus Make the X-Class a Proper Mercedes? - Mercedes X-Class Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
ETC

Can Brabus Make the X-Class a Proper Mercedes?

Shmee brings up some good points. If you ask me however, the X-Class with all its Nissan underpinnings is still enough of an MB even when stock!

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:55 AM

With the right upfitting, it can be done, as it has with many other pickups from the leading pickup makers we're all familiar with. What would you like to see in a "proper" pickup?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
ETC

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzventure View Post
With the right upfitting, it can be done, as it has with many other pickups from the leading pickup makers we're all familiar with. What would you like to see in a "proper" pickup?
as long as sales are where they need to be don't expect anything more from Mercedes
the only next time we'll see drastic improvements is with a next generation model.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 04:04 PM

You MIGHT be right but its tough to say how Mercedes will proceed. They never sold a pickup like this so for all we know it could even leave production earlier than planned!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
ETC

I just think no one will get past the fact it isn't a pure Mercedes product thus less motivation to spend on Brabus upgrades which is a bit commitment, they don't come cheap.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETC View Post
I just think no one will get past the fact it isn't a pure Mercedes product thus less motivation to spend on Brabus upgrades which is a bit commitment, they don't come cheap.
that might be true but i'm not yet convinced the pickup buyers of today are THAT concerned, 10-15 years ago, sure
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
ETC

Its hard to say really.
Worst case scenario is Merc develops a pickup that sits above the X-Class, something rugged like an F-150 but built from the ground up as true Mercedes.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
that might be true but i'm not yet convinced the pickup buyers of today are THAT concerned, 10-15 years ago, sure
I agree that the people who buy the regular X-Class or this Brabus version aren't going to be as concerned that it shares similarities with Nissan. Simply because Mercedes doesn't have a long, storied history making pickup trucks.

It would be a completely different issue if Mercedes had one of its sedans or SUVs share the same platform with a Nissan or another carmaker.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:03 PM

If the X-Class finds its way to the U.S., would anyone want to see Hennessey Performance get their hands on one? I'm a big fan of what they're doing so far in case you're wondering.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
If the X-Class finds its way to the U.S., would anyone want to see Hennessey Performance get their hands on one? I'm a big fan of what they're doing so far in case you're wondering.
I'd be really interested to see what Hennessey could do with an X-Class. I think they'd have a field day with one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes X-Class Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page