Owned Any Other Pickups? - Mercedes X-Class Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Owned Any Other Pickups?

Just a quick general, car lounge sort of topic. But has anyone ever actually owned a pickup truck at all? I haven't...

To be honest, I probably won't even use the bed too often, and most definitely not for work. I just want the availability and having "driven" a few pickups before, I just love the feel.

Alright, I'm getting side tracked. Long story short, I haven't owned a pickup truck before. Have you?
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 04:37 PM

I owned probably one of the first light trucks to hit the US market, a Mazda B3000. Those were lots of fun and did all the light-truck duties you would expect. Never needed anything more and the same stands true here. To be honest, I just want an SUV alternative especially as we're losing the battle of body on frame SUV's.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2017, 11:47 AM

I've only owned one light pickup trucks and that was a Chevy S10. Wasn't anything special at all but it was a manual which was pretty fun. I also didn't really use it for it's "pickup" capabilities as I rarely had anything in the bed unless I had to help someone move. Essentially more people got use out of the bed of MY pickup than I did myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Manual pickup trucks especially from back then were absolutely tons of fun. I remember there was a guy in my neighborhood with a purple chevy pickup on air ride and he had some sort of metal thing attached to the two side panels, so whenever he was driving, he would air down and sparks would fly everywhere.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2017, 10:43 PM

Those were some great light duty trucks, its too bad that these days anything from those older trucks are found in different vehicles and no longer in the same package. Closest it gets is the UTE's sold in Australia. Right above that are Tacoma's and Canyons.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes X-Class Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page