X Class Matzker Camper - Mercedes X-Class Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

X Class Matzker Camper

Came across a really neat camper conversion for the X Class, done by the German firm Matzker. They do similar conversions for Land Rovers, to prep them for overlanding. It features a full kitchenette as well as a sleeping place. Some adjustments have also been made to the suspension and the truck will be fitted with a locking differential. Doesn't come cheap though as it starts at 89,900 plus a donor vehicle. Fully loaded you could be looking at around 180,000 euros.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:42 PM

For a setup as expensive as this you'd think they would make it complement the X-Class design and take after what Mercedes themselves would do.
So far the Metris has been out for months ahead of the X-Class and might be the better adventure vehicle although no as trail worthy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 11:52 AM

Overpriced for what it is, and its really only going to appeal to outdoor enthusiasts. It would make more sense to me just to tow a small pop up camper, and then you would also have the benefit of the added storage in the bed. Worst thing is once you've done this conversion its permanent?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Overpriced for what it is, and its really only going to appeal to outdoor enthusiasts. It would make more sense to me just to tow a small pop up camper, and then you would also have the benefit of the added storage in the bed. Worst thing is once you've done this conversion its permanent?
Not only that but I like to explore the areas I travel to so not carrying as much baggage every where I go is a big deal.
Rather leave a pop up camper for 1/2 a day at my local wal-mart parking lot (with permission) while i go exploring.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

I agree that there are many of cheaper alternatives simply for adding utility to the X Class, was just impressed with the build quality of this conversion. I'm also concerned on how much additional weight has been added to the truck because of how solid this camper is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes X-Class Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page