Mercedes X-Class Forum

Mercedes X-Class Forum (https://www.xclassforums.com/forum/)
-   Mercedes-Benz X-Class Photos and Videos (https://www.xclassforums.com/forum/130-mercedes-benz-x-class-photos-videos/)
-   -   Can Brabus Make the X-Class a Proper Mercedes? (https://www.xclassforums.com/forum/130-mercedes-benz-x-class-photos-videos/1522-can-brabus-make-x-class-proper-mercedes.html)

ETC 05-16-2019 05:53 PM

Can Brabus Make the X-Class a Proper Mercedes?

Shmee brings up some good points. If you ask me however, the X-Class with all its Nissan underpinnings is still enough of an MB even when stock!

benzventure 05-21-2019 11:55 AM

With the right upfitting, it can be done, as it has with many other pickups from the leading pickup makers we're all familiar with. What would you like to see in a "proper" pickup?

ETC 05-31-2019 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzventure (Post 9596)
With the right upfitting, it can be done, as it has with many other pickups from the leading pickup makers we're all familiar with. What would you like to see in a "proper" pickup?

as long as sales are where they need to be don't expect anything more from Mercedes
the only next time we'll see drastic improvements is with a next generation model.

benzventure 06-07-2019 04:04 PM

You MIGHT be right but its tough to say how Mercedes will proceed. They never sold a pickup like this so for all we know it could even leave production earlier than planned!

ETC 06-26-2019 07:07 PM

I just think no one will get past the fact it isn't a pure Mercedes product thus less motivation to spend on Brabus upgrades which is a bit commitment, they don't come cheap.

benzventure 06-28-2019 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ETC (Post 9662)
I just think no one will get past the fact it isn't a pure Mercedes product thus less motivation to spend on Brabus upgrades which is a bit commitment, they don't come cheap.

that might be true but i'm not yet convinced the pickup buyers of today are THAT concerned, 10-15 years ago, sure

ETC 07-02-2019 05:21 AM

Its hard to say really.
Worst case scenario is Merc develops a pickup that sits above the X-Class, something rugged like an F-150 but built from the ground up as true Mercedes.

mmkay 07-15-2019 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzventure (Post 9666)
that might be true but i'm not yet convinced the pickup buyers of today are THAT concerned, 10-15 years ago, sure

I agree that the people who buy the regular X-Class or this Brabus version aren't going to be as concerned that it shares similarities with Nissan. Simply because Mercedes doesn't have a long, storied history making pickup trucks.

It would be a completely different issue if Mercedes had one of its sedans or SUVs share the same platform with a Nissan or another carmaker.

benzventure 07-29-2019 07:03 PM

If the X-Class finds its way to the U.S., would anyone want to see Hennessey Performance get their hands on one? I'm a big fan of what they're doing so far in case you're wondering.

mmkay 08-04-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benzventure (Post 9696)
If the X-Class finds its way to the U.S., would anyone want to see Hennessey Performance get their hands on one? I'm a big fan of what they're doing so far in case you're wondering.

I'd be really interested to see what Hennessey could do with an X-Class. I think they'd have a field day with one.