Mercedes X-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another rendering coming from the very well known Rain Prisk. It's a BMW pickup truck that would compete against the X-Class. Now as the X-Class is already in production and this is just a rendering, it's actually something that could come to light soon enough. Although it may not look exactly like this, but a BMW pickup truck concept itself.

BMW has apparently already said that it could follow Mercedes' lead into the pickup truck market IF the X-Class has positive results.

Would you want one?

This BMW Pickup Truck Rival To The Mercedes-Benz X-Class Could Be A Home Run

·
Registered
227 Posts
Don't want a BMW truck mainly because of the design language differences between the two brands, ever since Mercedes brought in the new language i've been hooked. Plus Mercedes has a long track record of building trucks around the world. But its easy to see why BMW would justify this move, easy use of the X5 platform.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After this I'm just waiting for Audi to come out with a pickup truck, or an artist to create one of some sort. It only seems fitting as they're MIA in this area.

·
Registered
227 Posts
VW already has plans for one and odds are it will ride on the same platform as their new Atlas SUV. Lucky for VW, that might be the lucky break they were looking for in the American market, this could be a segment they dominate or fall much lower than the competition. But being VW they have a pricing advantage.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pricing is going to be the kicker as it'll definitely be cheaper than MB and a potential BMW variant. The Atlas is shaping up and looking quite nice both exterior and interior and seeing as that's their new generation of design, a pickup based around that would look pretty good. Still, not my cup of tea as the MB oozes luxury, but hey, it'll be a nice alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts