Mercedes X-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we're starting to see some video reviews of new X-Class trickling in. Despite them claiming it was the biggest thing to happen to the brand in the last few decades, they only scored it a 7.4 out of 10. They noted that it will be worthwhile to holdout until MB releases the V6 model.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Some might say the X-Class being only AWD is a forward looking approach to making a pick up truck available but i think it was done more for easier distribution. Its the first pick up of its kind from Mercedes, last thing they want to do is thin out configurations. Moving these fast, efficient and for the lowest cost is the way to go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm all for AWD in pickups when you need to tow something or easily roll over heavy snowfall. People keep comparing the X-class to the Navara, just with better Interior and suspension system. Can't say I blame them, but the upgrades and overall look is worth the extra cost and Mercedes has done a lot to the ute by adding their own gearbox and v6 engine, reinforce the chassis, wider between tracks by 72mm, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The last thing you want to do when investing this kind of money into a pickup, is to end up with something you feel is underpowered. I have to say that I agree its probably a safer bet to wait for the 350d. Then at least you'll be able to drive both models to determine what will suit your needs. Hopefully the V6 model doesn't come with a significant price jump.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Diesels for now are still better than petrol when it comes to low end torque, there's a reason why Ford's Raptor uses an Ecodiesel engine. If more performance is what you're looking for then the X-Class is worth the wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.