Mercedes X-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
To be honest MB probably didn't anticipate many X Class owners having an interest in taking their vehicle off road. If that's something that they were going to offer it probably would have been restricted to the v6.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's exclusive to the Tacoma, although Ford is offering something similar with the Raptor and upcoming Ranger Raptor. I think we will see a similar system introduced on most new upcoming pickups as we move towards more standard driving aids in trucks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
With the demand for this kind of feature being quite low, its something that you'll have to go down segment for. The X Class was never designed to be a workhorse, and I bet there will be very few of them that will ever leave the pavement.

·
Registered
227 Posts
With the demand for this kind of feature being quite low, its something that you'll have to go down segment for. The X Class was never designed to be a workhorse, and I bet there will be very few of them that will ever leave the pavement.
Beauty of it is, if demand suggest some owners want a workhorse, Mercedes can release a spec tailored to those needs to test the market. Already they have products like the Metris and Sprinter that are workhorses. So the idea isn't far off from happening.

·
Registered
69 Posts
If the X Class can hit the milestones that Mercedes has outlined, then there is a good chance that it will receive some improvements for the next MY. I do have a feeling that its going to fall short of their expectations however, solely due to the fact that underneath its basically a Navara.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.