Mercedes X-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This video is pretty "old" but it's the video from the premiere of the Mercedes X-Class. Brought in the "off-road" package and the "sport" package (the one in the site banner)

·
Registered
69 Posts
The side profile looks great but I don't like the lower grille and they plan to have the same controls for the infotainment system as their other vehicles. I'm not a fan of both the touchpad and the dial.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grill opening is kind of odd at the bottom. I think it would look weird if it were sealed as well. But maybe just some regular vent openings could have kept it nice and simple. Hopefully the production model doesn't come with that, or they have something to split it up a bit.

How do you think they could maybe make it look better?

·
Registered
227 Posts
What helps is questioning what possible motivations they had for doing that and there's a lot.
For one, other MB models have something similar going on. Another one is to stand out, that's a big one especially to a brand like Mercedes, people want image.

Personally I wouldn't want them to change a thing, tone it down slightly for production and call it a day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't follow what's going on now entirely. Right now they're grill setup is a "3 piece" if you will. Two openings on the side and a longer bit in the center, but it's split up

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wrong.

Those 3 piece grilles you talk about follow the same concept. When you actually analyze the different grille designs you'll see it is indeed based off the same overall design concept. GLE Coupe and S-Class are good examples.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The S65 cabriolet I can see it for sure, but going on the Benz website, the GLE that they have up there is the other style. But I have seen pictures of the relative GLE Coupe.

·
Registered
227 Posts
A good portion of their entire line up have something similar going on and that's how it always is from one car maker to another, it's usually when you get to that one product which is unlike the rest that deviates, AMG GT being one of them, the X-Class isn't.

Understand design language and you will understand what i'm talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts