Mercedes X-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all!

Just placed my order for a black 350D Power with black leather, woodgrain trim, black roll cover and towing gear. Delivery expected Feb '19.

It will be used occassionally for towing an off-road caravan in the Aus outback.

First thing to do will be to put A/T tyres on the 19" rims, not exactly sure how such large rims will fair on dirt roads.

Has anyone fitted towing mirrors successfully to the X-class mirrors? If so what model fits?

Cheers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on placing an order! I think unfortunately with the curved shape of the X-Class's side mirrors, they wont be ideal for universal options. Have seen owners go this route, but it really doesn't do this luxury pickup any favours.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I thought it was quite reasonable, I previously had an ML270 many years ago, and it felt similar. It had a decent pull for a small diesel.
I guess its not entirely surprising seeing how its packing nearly 300 lb-ft. of torque and Mercedes is usually good at delivering on those numbers in ways consumers actually enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.