Mercedes X-Class Forum banner

New 350D owner in Australia

2189 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  benzventure
Howdy all!

Just placed my order for a black 350D Power with black leather, woodgrain trim, black roll cover and towing gear. Delivery expected Feb '19.

It will be used occassionally for towing an off-road caravan in the Aus outback.

First thing to do will be to put A/T tyres on the 19" rims, not exactly sure how such large rims will fair on dirt roads.

Has anyone fitted towing mirrors successfully to the X-class mirrors? If so what model fits?

Cheers!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on placing an order! I think unfortunately with the curved shape of the X-Class's side mirrors, they wont be ideal for universal options. Have seen owners go this route, but it really doesn't do this luxury pickup any favours.
See less See more
Congrats and welcome to the forum. Did you take the truck for a test drive before placing your order?
Thankyou! We test drove the 250D, there are no 350s available in Aus yet.
Thankyou! We test drove the 250D, there are no 350s available in Aus yet.
how did you find the torque curve to be under the conditions you drove it in?
how did you find the torque curve to be under the conditions you drove it in?
I thought it was quite reasonable, I previously had an ML270 many years ago, and it felt similar. It had a decent pull for a small diesel.
I thought it was quite reasonable, I previously had an ML270 many years ago, and it felt similar. It had a decent pull for a small diesel.
I guess its not entirely surprising seeing how its packing nearly 300 lb-ft. of torque and Mercedes is usually good at delivering on those numbers in ways consumers actually enjoy.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.