Mercedes X-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You'd think the guys at StanceNation got their hands on a Mercedes-Benz X-Class and slammed it. Some may call such a mod blasphemous, but the picture above is actually a rendering of what a tarmac hugging pickup could look like.

Though we can only see a height difference compared to the X-Class' concept model from last year, CarScoops claims the WinningDesigns artist also gave the pickup a makeover. Featured on the rendering should be a new bumper, grille, side skirts, and beefier wheel arches to fit a set of grey multi-spoke rims. He has also removed the roof bars and added on a set of tweaked headlights and side mirror covers.

Interested customers will have to make due with these renderings until ride reviews start pouring in when the full driving launch takes place this coming October.

Perhaps journalists will have a chance to drive the 2.3-litre four-cylinder diesel variant, though it does come in single and twin-turbo form, delivering 161 or 188bhp. Both engines will come with a standard six-speed manual gearbox, but the more powerful unit is offered with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Or maybe they'll have to chance to test drive the 254bhp, 406lb ft 3.0-litre V6 turbodiesel model that won't be available until next summer.

Those living in Europe, South America, South Africa, and Australia shouldn't have long to wait as the €37,294 entry-level variant will go on sale in Germany this November.

·
Registered
227 Posts
never liked this whole stance thing on trucks, instead a theme more geared towards off road styling would have been better here.
plus how many people will actually consider doing this to the x-class, instead i have seen more off road styling being done to trucks than stance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hate it. I don't like stanced cars on a normal day, let alone a truck and it really doesn't add anything to performance. There's lowering cars which serves a purpose, but stancing is for looks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hate it. I don't like stanced cars on a normal day, let alone a truck and it really doesn't add anything to performance. There's lowering cars which serves a purpose, but stancing is for looks.
hence why I hate it, function > form and often when function is done right form comes naturally.

not the greatest example but when form and function is done right, something nice like this is created:

on that note I would love to see an off-road themed X-Class come to production, much like one of the concepts we seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.