Mercedes X-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share this because odds are there will be a good portion of buyers getting the X-Class that use it more for recreation and pure want of a truck rather than for other common truck needs.

The other concept has less capability, but a much more stylish execution. It comes from VanEssa Mobilcamping, and it features a 551-pound slide-out kitchen system. It has a cooler, sink and storage for all variety of cookware. It fits completely within the truck bed and slides out past the tailgate for use. It also fits below the classy teak wood bed cover. Fortunately, the kitchen unit doesn't take up the entire bed, either, so there's still space for various camping items.
Even with how nice this is I would still prefer to rent a small RV.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cottages are for glamping and those mobile campers are in no way comfortable no matter how nice of a pickup they're perched on. Perhaps the integrated X-Class kitchen will be of more use on camping trips and the teak wood looks much better than the average tonneau cover.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've found a few pictures of the camper's interior and it looks like something out of the 80s with how much light wood paneling there is. Maybe if you personalize it with higher grade materials, it wouldn't look so cheap.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah I'm not really sure this camper encompasses the full luxury feeling that those expect out of a Mercedes. Can't say that I see many consumers dropping this on the back of their high end truck. Would make more sense to just tow a pop up trailer/RV.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I'm not really sure this camper encompasses the full luxury feeling that those expect out of a Mercedes. Can't say that I see many consumers dropping this on the back of their high end truck. Would make more sense to just tow a pop up trailer/RV.
Cost is a big part of that and odds are if they were to make something the greatly reflects what Mercedes is all about then it would cost way too much. Remember that this is a mid-size truck and thus what ever comes out for it has to reflect what people would actually buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, this is a really cool car. Yes, it cannot be used as a standard city car, but for those people who travel a lot or do camping it will be a great solution. I really thought about getting it as a second car. My main car is a 2018-2019 Mercedes C class coupe and you can understand that it is very inconvenient to go camping with friends. The grill hardly fits in the trunk, I even had to buy a special protective cover in order not to get the trunk dirty. I put all my things in the back seat, so only one person could go with me. Well, I hope this will be a very lucky purchase that I will not regret in the future ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts